Monday, 26 May 2014

28mm Dixon Gangsters and Cops

I have finished the first Stage of my recent commission for fellow blogger Dave Docherty.  This has been a great little project for me to get my teeth into and I was given artistic license with the simple words do your best on them!

All Painted and Based by Andrew



The Long Arms of the law, I wanted to keep the blue in a dark palette so these were painted using Vallejo Game color Night Blue, Vallejo Game color Stormy blue and highlighted with Navy Blue


Various tough guys with plenty of weapons again each figure painted as an individual, and just don't ask how I did the tartan waistcoat



Street thugs with hand guns, rather more modest dress code for these chaps




If you are going to have gangsters then this pair are an obvious choice Miss Bonnie Parker and Mr Clyde Barrow and infamous duo and formidable enemies.


The Five a nasty bunch if ever there was, these are ruthless men dressed in the finest threads. From Left to Right: Diamond Dave, The Reverend, Cabin Fever, The Badger and "Sly Boots" Saunders.

And some close ups for you of the Five.








Do you know who the Five are?


27 comments:

  1. Really excellent stuff! All the attention to detail is absolutely amazing. I really like the chap sitting on his posterior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much appreciated coming from an artist as skilled as you

      Delete
  2. Great work Loki.

    Now let's see - who are the Five? Diamond Dave is Mr Docherty; The Reverend is Mad Padre; Cabin Fever is Kevin; the Badger is Budgie Smuggler Ray; Sly Boots is you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very near Tamsin. You need to think a touch warped as me for the Reverend

      Delete
    2. I must admit I wasn't sure about that one. Think as warped as you. Hmmm, it isn't his Holiness the Lurker is it?

      Looking again at your cops, that was the colour I was hoping for with mine, I don't fancy stripping and repainting though, so I'll stick with the blue I've already used.

      Delete
    3. It is his Holiness indeed :)

      Delete
    4. btw, the Badger's trousers - budgerigar yellow? ;)

      Delete
    5. Handsome fecker that Reverend fella, I mean stunning work on these Andrew, vibrant is too dull a word for these!

      Delete
    6. Tamsin, No Canary yellow! He's a feckin coward da boss makes him wear yellow pants to show the world if he's in a tight spot he sings like a Canary.

      Francis: That Reverend Fella was the hardest of the lot, anyone thinking a corduroy suit is easy can think again though you are correct he turned out very nice indeed

      Delete
    7. Too right.. Canary yellow...

      The Rev is truly wonderful...when I was very young I asked my grandad what the family tartan was.. He said corduroy .... Took me a long time to work it out!

      Delete
  3. haha, love these Andy.
    What a rough looking bunch of Nasties....
    Great work again

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of work you have coming through your painting service, well worth the price!!!

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are getting a fair amount of requests at present something I wont be complaining about.

      Delete
  5. Some well dressed gangsters here. Great choice of colours with the cops my favourites

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding! Yours even looks like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried hard to make them all look roughly like the person they were meant to be even the Reverend has Strawberry blonde Hair. The Badger is a rather obvious as well. Glad you like them

      Delete
  7. These are very nicely done there chaps. Now the five Diamond Dave is Dave, The Reverend is Fran, Cabin Fever is Kev, The Badger is Ray and Sly Boots is you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely glorious colours and patterns on the fabrics mate. Quite something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael very much appreciated

      Delete
  9. Just awesome Andrew! Very fine work indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic stuff! Glad to finally be here and seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb stuff Andy.
    Thanks for giving me the Thompson, lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just perfect! Difficult to choose a side!

    ReplyDelete