Thursday, 5 June 2014

Northumbrian Tin Soldier - Nightfolk Questing Knights - Display Figures

I received these sculpts at Partizan on Sunday after offering to paint a set of them for David and Jayne's Display at Northumbrian tin soldier. I have David's agreement that I can post them on here as a preview for you all.

From left to right: Sir Venerable, Sir Hal 'The Bird Knight', Sir Bucket the Boor, Squire Knapsack. 

All figures painted and based to DISPLAY STANDARD by Andrew:




Now for a closer look at each model:

Sir Venerable




Well this is a rather striking figure, the helmet resembles the Leader of the Knights of Ni to some degree, but its the facial characteristic on this model that really stand out, the nose and tash are very prominent.

Sir Hal 'The Bird Knight'






Another wonderful figure that is loaded with character, from the large plume down to the fur boots this one has humour in spades.

Sir Bucket the Boor





Perhaps the easiest of the questing knights to paint as he is in full Armour but that beard and Mace really do stand out along with that Helm.

Squire Knapsack






Hair and nose are the first things you see on the squire. Then that helmet and torch really come into there own, this figures has lots going on and that is the wildest helmet I have ever painted.

These were an absolute joy to paint and I will be adding these to my own collection.

10 comments:

  1. Cool characters and exquisite brushwork! The facial features on those that have them are strikingly rendered. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning mate, stunning. I love these as they are so full of character and your painting of them makes them come to life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work. I can't wait to get hold of these miniatures myself they are just such fun filled sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking work as I said already, top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb! They're such colourful characters. I love the painted cobblestone bases too. Fine attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning work Andrew! Really like the way you have painted the flame, very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've awarded you the latest edition of the Liebster Blog Award. Please feel free to just accept it and not go through the hassle of answering the questions and nominating other blogs, I'm totally fine with that.

    The rules and questions you can find at http://seanswgcorner.blogspot.com/2014/05/ive-been-liebstered-part-1.html

    I nominated your blog at http://seanswgcorner.blogspot.com/2014/06/ive-been-liebstered-pt-2-im-stubborn-sob.html

    Keep up the good work.

    PS - Make Kev do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking figures!!! But Mad!

    ReplyDelete