Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Gangsters, Molls, Cops and G- Men

Our thanks to Dave Docherty over at One man and his Brushes for these excellent pictures of Loki's latest commission work.

I will start with the Molls from Copplestone




Next up are the Copplestone Honest Citizens - Boss man with a nice new sweater.



Next up was a box set from Blue Moon, whose bases I removed and re sculpted to match the remainder of the collection.




Blue moon G-men, these do have some challenging faces to work with and the biggest issue is mould lines running through them.



To finish it all off were another 6 cops, again these are from the Blue Moon range.


13 comments:

  1. Lovely work Loki and great pics from Mr D :)

    Strange that you had problems with the Blue Moon faces. The ones I painted up last year were fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pet hate Tamsin Mould lines that run through a face and destroy them they paint well though that I wont disagree with.

      Delete
  2. Excellent paintwork Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work they all turned out fabulous. Nothing irritates me more than moldlines through faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I am not alone in this, it is really bad when they go through an eye and you cant get a good match for the other side after clean up

      Delete
  4. Fantastic work as always. The Boss's sweater is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rather pleased with the sweater, I had not attempted Argyll before, it did however consume a lot of time getting the pattern laid out to look correct front to back

      Delete
  5. You did a brilliant job , the preparation and clean up is first class as there no sign at all of any flaws.. Overall a real top job..it's got my gangster interest moving again too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not my thing at all, which ought to add weight to what an excellent job I think Loki has made of them. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work there and a great choice in colours, I love the molls and the boss mans jumper. This shows great skill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff! And that jumper is just incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent! Fantastic detail and freehand patterns.

    ReplyDelete